1 min read
Disable Trackbacks and Pingbacks in WordPress
February 27, 2014
Disable them on existing posts
- Go to your Posts page
- Click "Screen Options" in the top right
- View "x" number of posts value to something reasonable, based on how many posts you have
- Click the "Select All" box to select all posts visible on the page
- Click "Edit" from the Bulk Actions dropdown menu
- Set the "Pings" dropdown to be "Do not allow"
Disable them on existing pagesUnfortunately I couldn’t find a way to do this in bulk, or via the "Quick Edit" screen, so you'll have to go through each page and manually uncheck the option under the "Discussion" tab. Or if you're able to access the MySQL server with phpMyAdmin or a MySQL CLI you can run this SQL statement. ```sql -- Globally disable pingbacks/trackbacks for all users UPDATE wp_posts SET ping_status = 'closed' ``` Don't be confused by the column name `wp_posts` it also contains pages. After completing these 3 steps, you should have no more trackbacks or pingbacks on your WordPress site.
Categories: Web development