Domain-ip mapping is essential in developing new websites as you have to test URLs without changing DNS entries.
Yet I’ve always update the local host file which requires in most cases a restart of the browser. This is a busy an troublesome issue.
Luckily there’s for everything a plugin, tool or script, this also goes for host file updates via Chrome/Firefox plugin.
This post of is part of my Install SharePoint 2013 Three-tier Farm project.
In this post I’ll show my best practice for an new SQL Server to run SharePoint properly.
Let’s get started with local user rights.
Recently I’ve change the url for one of my GitHub projects.
- Old: https://github.com/janikvonrotz/PowerShell-Profile
- New: https://github.com/janikvonrotz/PowerShell-PowerUp
As you might know, I’ve used this url in several posts.
In order to make this obsolete links I have to replace them in every posts.
It could happen that the directory sync service (DirSync) doesn’t sync the users UserPrincipalName correctly.
I had an issue where the UserPrincipalName from a user in the Office 365 windows azure directory has been made based on the user’s sAMAccountname. This wouldn’t be problem if as long the sAMAccountname is the as same as the UserPrincipalName, but as you can guess this is not everywhere the case.
In certain cases SharePoint alerts are more useful than workflows, f.e. having the possibility to let users manager their alerts is not possible with workflows.
To manager alerts for a couple of users on specific lists I’ve written a script that handles the whole cycle of alerts. It let me delete, update and create alerts based on predefined configuration.
As in on of my last post I’ve showed you my approach to manage distribution groups in the hierarchical structure of an ActiveDirectory installation. In the mean time I’ve adapted a similiar approach for the security groups.
Here is an example of the structure: Read More
Since Exchange 2010 the graphical console doesn’t support the same functionality as the PowerShell Exchange console, it’s possible that there occur some exotic errors or a lack of functionality while working with the graphical console. I recommend to use only the Exchange PowerShell console for administrative work.
For example: I had to update the offline address book, I’ve deleted some distribution groups, updated the address list and the offline book, all with the graphical console. Result the address book still wasn’t up to date in the Outlook client after downloading the offline address book.
So I did the same thing with PowerShell:
Get-OfflineAddressbook | Update-OfflineAddressbook
Get-ClientAccessServer | Update-FileDistributionService
And hurray everything worked.