Recently I read an article on HN (Hacker News) Replacing Disqus with Github Comments and decided to drop the Disqus commenting system on this site. A long time ago I’ve added Disqus to my page because of it was easy to use and had out-of-the-box spam prevention. The cost of it as I see now was a heavy breach in privacy and site performance. When I read the article mentioned above I was shocked what I was forcing on people visiting my site. Just to give you an idea what’s going on:
Sadly there’s no native Piwik plugin for the Koken photography CMS.
However you can use another plugin the inject the tracking code to the footer of your site.
- Install the HTML Injector plugin (Site > Settings > Plugin > Download Plugins).
- Enable the plugin (Site > Settings > Plugin > HTML injector > Enable).
- Setup the plugin (Site > Settings > Plugin > HTML injector > Setup).
- Copy the tracking code of your Piwik site (Piwik > Administration > Websites > [site] > View Tracking code).
- Paste the code into the footer field and save it.
Well done, your visitors are tracked now.