This post is part of my Your own Virtual Private Server hosting solution project.
Get the latest version of this article here: https://gist.github.com/9468612.
- Ubuntu is the leading and most popular Linux distro.
- It’s easy to install, deploy and manage.
- Ubuntu remains the most popular operating system for OpenStack deployments.
- It’s available for multiple devices.
- Ubuntu benefits from a huge community support since ever.
It could happen that the directory sync service (DirSync) doesn’t sync the users UserPrincipalName correctly.
I had an issue where the UserPrincipalName from a user in the Office 365 windows azure directory has been made based on the user’s sAMAccountname. This wouldn’t be problem if as long the sAMAccountname is the as same as the UserPrincipalName, but as you can guess this is not everywhere the case.